The American Red Cross is marshaling volunteers for a radio and winlink monitoring effort.
If you are available to cover at least a four-hour shift, please reply with your acknowledgement.
Specifics that we know so far:
- operate from your QTH
- continuous monitoring of WD6AXM repeater
- continuous monitoring of KA6ARC winlink account
- ability to monitor for up-to 4 hours
- shifts could start as early as 6:00 PM tonight
- shifts will be scheduled for continuous (24/7) coverage
This is in support of the Temporary Evacuation Points at Humboldt County Fairgrounds, Yurok Tribe Wellness Center, and Yuba County Fairgrounds. We would be operating as members of the ARC Disaster Operation Center (DOC) which is operating remotely.
Please reply by 3:00 so we can gauge our response. However, we will still gladly accept your help if your reply is delayed.