Continuing with our series of Net Control training, here is a video discussing how to acknowledge the stations you hear checking in to the Net.
Also included is some guidance on how to handle doubles – when two stations step on each other by transmitting at the same time.
- You can never go wrong in using the station’s full Callsign when acknowledging their check in.
- In some cases, a Tactical Callsign – such as our Reserve Station Number – would work just fine.
- Use the Recommended Phonetics, even if the station checking in doesn’t.
- For Doubles, acknowledge the station you heard, and then ask for the other station to try again.
- Do not be afraid to keep asking for a Callsign until you can get the whole thing.